The menhirs of the Grandson region are part of the local cultural heritage, spread out over three different sites.
According to archaeologists, the origin of these raised stones dates from Neolithic times (3000 to 2000 B.C.)
The menhir at Grandson, which is 4 metres in height, stands by the side of the road leading to Fiez. One can get to it along a country path a few hundred metres after leaving Grandson.
A group of 4 menhirs can be seen at the place called « Les Pierres Plates ». These menhirs form a rectangle, the orientation of which was probably based on remarkable astronomical bearings such as the rising or the setting of the sun or moon at the solstices or the equinoxes.
The site dates from the same period as the Clendy alignment at Yverdon-les-Bains. Three of these menhirs are prehistoric, but the fourth one in the north-west was carved and erected in 1843 on the site of a menhir which disappeared in the 18th century.
A large menhir, 3.50 metres in height, rises up proudly among the vines at the entrance to Bonvillars. It is to be found standing between la Cour and the cellars of the winegrowers of the designated Bonvillars wine region.