A few kilometres from Sainte-Croix, the music box capital, the village of L’Auberson is a delightful secret. It was here, in the Yverdon region, that the Baud brothers established their collection of automatons. A mechanical wonderland offering guided tours during weekends and every day in the summer.
The Musée Baud in L’Auberson was opened in 1955 by the Baud brothers, Frédy, Robert and Auguste, and has a collection of around sixty antique mechanical music exhibits, dating from 1750 to 1940, including music boxes, automatons and orchestrions.
The Baud brothers continue to work together in their precision mechanical workshop repairing large mechanical music devices. Passionately interested in any mechanical music device, including all kinds of automatons, they created a display of their collection in their stables and barn which were converted into a museum. Expertise and a musical ear are essential to identify the missing notes on a mechanical roller and their talent for mechanical devices is known far and wide. Even today people come from all over the world with rare pieces for them to repair.
The Baud Museum is open every Sunday and on public holidays from 2 to 5 pm.
Saturdays from 2 to 5 pm. Last visit at 4pm.
From July 1st to September 30th every day from 2 to 5 pm. Last visit at 4pm.
Duration of the visit is about 1 hour, all visits are guided (no prior registration, except for groups, no fixed visiting time).
Open on request from 10 adults.
- CHF 12.-
- CHF 6.-
- Groups (from 20 pers.)
- CHF 10.-