The Pro Natura Centre Champ-Pittet is situated in a historic building of the 18th Century, on the shores of Lake Neuchâtel in Yverdon-les-Bains. It forms the entrance to the largest lakeside marsh in Switzerland, the natural reserve Grande Cariçaie, and welcomes and informs visitors of all ages.
Inaugurated in 1985, the Pro Natura Centre Champ-Pittet organises numerous interactive exhibitions and entertainment events, both in the beautiful park overlooking the lake and inside the astonishing 18th Century castle.
Four nature paths, mostly accessible with strollers and wheelchairs too, pass through the 40-hectare estate. The 2km marsh path built on pontoons, passes through reed beds, marshy meadows and a stretch of white water lilies, where birds nest and can be observed from the ornithological observation post. The Grande Cariçaie shelters about 800 species of plant and 10,000 animal species.
It was François Haldimand, a career military officer under English colours and first governor of Quebec, who had built the Castle of Champ-Pittet in 1791.
sitions interactives et animations, autant dans le charmant parc surplombant le lac, qu’à l’intérieur de l’étonnant château du 18ème.