The La Coudre Foundation estate in particular offers educational activities that raise the awareness of an audience of all ages with regard to heritage protection and conservation. It is a magical place, lost in time and situated amid beautifully preserved natural surroundings.
The foundation was created to manage the estate bequeathed by Mr. Friedrich Stephen. It consists of a 19th Century farmhouse that has become the ‘Heritage House’ and about ten hectares of agricultural land. The will of the donor, a pharmacist from Geneva, was to make his property a centre dedicated to rural heritage and medicinal plants. The valuable estate is of major importance because it is situated in a very rich and diverse natural rural environment.
Alongside the organisation of activities and workshops for children and adults and the sale of local products, the foundation has set itself the objective of conserving the estate’s heritage of the farmhouse, the box-tree garden and the high-stem orchard. It is also possible to hire rooms for meals and meetings (up to 50 persons).
- Maison du Patrimoine
- Chemin de La Coudre 1
- 1427 Bonvillars - CH
- How to get there?
Yverdon-les-Bains Region on social networks