The Protestant Church at Yverdon-les-Bains
The Protestant Church was built in 1757. It is situated on the Place Pestalozzi, the town square in the centre of the old town of Yverdon-les-Bains.
The church is distinguished both by its neo-classic facade and by the colour of its walls, which is characteristic of building-stone mined at the quarry at Hauterive in the Canton of Neuchâtel. Many of the other buildings on the Place Pestalozzi have also been constructed with the same noble, warm-coloured stone.
Within the church is an organ constructed by Adrien Joseph Potier in 1766. The powerful, harmonious sound of this organ, built in the traditional French tradition, still resounds regularly in the church. The accoustics are perfect for classical music, particularly of the Baroque period.
Throughout the year, many concerts of choral or instrumental music are held in this special setting imbued with a sense of spirituality and a rich historical past.